Knightfall - buy it now

Tuesday 21 May 2013

Xbox One

I've not posted for a few days as I thought I would wait to comment on the new Xbox, but it's really because I don't have that much to talk about!

So, Xbox One eh?  Not the infinity or fusion or 720.  Can't say I'm impressed really.  I play Xbox in a small 4ft x 4ft room upstairs (the same place I write in fact!).  I don't watch TV or movies in there.  It's far too small to use Kinect (if for some reason I wanted to) and there is far too much crap on the floor anyway to get up an move around.  My son is 15 and he plays Xbox in his bedroom, as do almost all of his friends.  How many people have Xbox actually in their living room?  Not married people, that's for sure.

They really wanted to push the TV integration and the all in one living room entertainment system.  I don't want one!  I've got my sky box and blu ray player down there.  Even the Halo TV show didn't get me excited, I mean, come on, it's no Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  I want a games console to play games on.  I suppose Quantum Break looked good, I'll be keeping an eye out for that one (I really enjoyed Alan Wake, very underrated game in my opinion). 

Okay, onto the partnership with EA sports - don't care.  Partnership with the NFL - DON'T CARE - it's not even football, it's a twisted version of rugby with body armour!  And the big game showing - the new call of duty???

And I like how they didn't broach the always online rumour, but they did happen to mention 'cloud based' and 'cloud saves' and a lot of other cloud related things didn't they?

Anyway, rant over.  I know I'll be buying one, mainly for the exclusives, but I'll be buying the PS4 too.  I have both machines now and they are both fantastic, they both have great exclusives and they both take up far too much of my time.  I'm far more excited for the PS4 at the moment though, and if things don't sway me at E3, I'll be transferring my cross console games to that (I played all the Mass Effect and Assassins Creed games on the 360 just because that was the console I played the first one on).

Writing wise (yay for those of you who come here for that reason!) I had another good day today, cracking on with chapter seven and I have done basic editing of chapters 1-6.   When the second book is finished, I will be looking for beta readers, so if anyone out there is interested, sign up to the newsletter or email me and I will be in touch.

Ooh - nearly forgot to talk about Dr Who at the weekend!  Fantastic, best episode all series, and redeemed some of the quite frankly terrible episodes we've had since xmas.  They made Clara make sense and be less annoying, which is a fantastic achievement considering how much she has annoyed me this series.  Can't wait for November, will be going to the cinema to watch it all unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment