Knightfall - buy it now

Thursday 8 August 2013

Smell my cheese! My review of Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa

No, not a quote from the movie, but a scene that makes me laugh out loud when I just think about it (as I'm doing now in actual fact!).

Like many people in the UK, I've enjoyed Alan Partridge as a character for many years.  From his early appearances on The Day Today (particularly the scene where he believes that jockeys must be children!)



To his talk show on the BBC - Knowing Me, Knowing You with Alan Partridge




To his down and out times in a Travel Lodge (Would you like me to lap dance for you...?)



And back to relative fame doing various shows fictional radio station North Norfolk Digital and Radio Norwich



If you like Alan Partridge as a character, the movie is an absolute must see.  It's like an extra long episode of Alan Partridge at his best, and I really didn't want it to end.  There wasn't a section that seemed forced or unnecessary , and I can honestly say that I laughed constantly through the whole thing.

I didn't think I'd see another comedy this year on a par with the Worlds End (another excellent movie), but Alan Partridge certainly exceeded my expectations, and I hope he gets a chance to appear on the big screen (or the small screen) again.

Finally, I really do have to share the smell my cheese scene, I can't get it out of my head!

AH HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment